Monday 19 March 2012

Music Magazine-Analysis of Magazine-Front Cover-Genre Research

Now that I have completed my genre research through analysing bands of my genre, I am now moving on to researching the front cover, contents and double page spread for my specific genre. Here I will research three front covers with the genre rock/indie. Below are my three front pages:-

Analysis 1


Analysis 2
Analysis 3

Through analysing these three front covers, I have learnt about the iconic attributes and conventions for an indie/rock magazine. There will be key features that I have learnt of that I will apply to my own design, such as the use of the main image staring at the audience with a straight face, the use of bright colours to emphasise text or an image, when using main colours use appropriate colour that have a meaning to the artist or band.

No comments:

Post a Comment