Monday 23 April 2012

Evaluation - Question 4


Who would be the audience for your media product?

I feel that the target audience for my magazine is from the age of 14 – 25, I feel that this is an appropriate age for my magazine. Although this is the average age for my magazine there will be a specific type of person that my magazine will appeal to. My magazine is of an Indie/rock genre therefore the magazine will only appeal to a variety of people. People who are into rock and indie music would enjoy my magazine rather than a person who is into hip-hop.
I have asked the same people I asked to describe my cover page, contents and double page spread to say who they think my target audience is and who the social group is.

What would be the target audiences age for my magazine?

Liam Evans
From looking at the magazine I can see that it is for an age of around about 16 - 25. I can tell this from the model as he is of the around about same age. The audience will find it easy to relate to the magazine.

Kristy Barrett
To me the magazine has an age group of 13 - about 18, the language used is colloquial there for children too you or adults won’t understand what certain words mean because they have been abbreviated or changed.

Ife Ahove
I think the target audiences age is from about 14 - 20ish , the magazine looks of a teenage age, the model is about this age therefore the audience can relate to this magazine and the model. Quotes from the band or band members are always put on cover pages and double page spreads, to fully understand what the band or band members might be going through you have to be of an older age to read between the lines of the quotes and article to understand the story that is being told.

What would be the target social audience for my magazine?

Liam Evans
The social target audience is of a rock/indie genre, you can see this from firstly the models pose. The model stares directly into the camera staring directly at the audience. The colours of the magazine also represent words that you can describe the genre by. 

Kristy Barrett 
I think that the social target audience is of a rock genre, the colours red, black and white are all strong bold colours that stand out to the audience. I feel that the colours represent what type of music is played in this case it would be of a rock genre. The text is also bold and clear standing out to the audience. Throughout cover page, contents and double page spread their colour of the background has been kept to a dark plain colour, this shows that the music genre can sometimes be dark and depressing, these are both words that can explain a rock genre magazine.

Ife Ahove
In my opinion the target social audience is of an indie/rock genre, the model that stares directly into the camera this is an iconic style for the cover page. The magazine also has realistic images of the artist/s performing this is a common convention with an indie/rock genre.  Throughout the magazine  








No comments:

Post a Comment